The year is half over. That is just crazy. The 4th is obviously right around the corner and I thought I would share a few of our little weekend plans--
1. We'll be making those awesome fireworks cookies that were featured on the cover of the Martha Stewart Living magazine (although cutting a few corners with some sparkly red and blue frosting that comes in a tube).
2. I'm going to quick whip up these cute little bandanna tunic shirts for my girls and nieces. Talk about cheap! Bandannas (two per shirt) are regularly $0.99 at Hobby Lobby and the grosgrain ribbon is half off through Saturday. I did decide to finish off the armholes with binding tape (which I still need to go after). They should be a fun way to show off some patriotic flair. ;o) Too bad they don't make grown-up sized bandannas . . .
3. Revisiting our patriotic floats from last year.
4. And maybe a cheesecake if I'm feeling spry.
5. Hoping to photograph my kids in the ripened wheat fields. I meant to do this last year, but had the idea too late. I need to move on that this weekend.
6. And most likely doing up some BBQ'd pork. Josh has been requesting it. And I must say if you've never put cole slaw on it, you don't know what you're missing (although Josh prefers his with slices of dill pickle). I think I have perfected my recipe . . . and it's really easy if you've never done it! You need: A Boston Butt Roast (such a funny name), a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's (I think I used the brown sugar and hickory), and a crockpot. Stick your roast in the crockpot covered in half the bottle of sauce and cook it for 8 to 10 hours on low. Remove and shred with a fork. Mix in a bit of your cooking juices and then add as much sauce straight from the bottle until you reach your desired level of sloppiness. ;o) DELICIOUS!
Have a wonderful weekend!! And stay safe too!
6teen 4teen 12 & ten
2 months ago