Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 24-30

Hanging at the small school playground for an hour while we have a house showing . . .
(yeah, something big happened during April--one of these days I will get around to writing about it). #teaser ;o)
~
This boy has pretty much had a black eye for a solid month now.  First the right eye got a knee to the face during game time at church.  Then just as it was starting to heal a neighbor friend shot it with some kind of sling shot thing. And now a baseball!
~
A few lingering lilacs.
~
The girls' choir at church did their final spring concert. I am always so impressed with these girls and their conductor!  It is a huge range of ages, 4th-12th grade and they do such a great job. It has been a great experience for my girls.
~
Spring tradition: Baking a Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake.
Although, I must admit, while this recipe is prone to spillage, this time around there was SPILLAGE. It pretty much filled my oven with smoke, and then subsequently my kitchen . . . and the rest of the house.  I had to open windows everywhere. It was so bad I could even taste a bit of smoke flavoring in the crumbly topping. :o(  Everybody else said it was fine, but as this recipe is a tad more involved I was pretty bummed.  In spite of all this it is still one of my favorite recipes--I think I have been making it since high school!  I will have to have a do-over with some fresh rhubarb in a few weeks (and preventative measures for spillage . . .). ;o)
~
And Josh and his mama following a big birthday meal made by her with all of his favorites--in particular chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes.

No comments: