Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Happy 9th Emmett James!





When I think over this last year I can't help but note big things that happened:
The broken leg
Getting glasses
Diagnosing the cause of reading difficulties

It is, I suppose a short list--but frankly you and your needs have been a focus and priority over this last year. You have been and continue to be an unraveling of a puzzle.  I have worried and prayed like mamas do when they try to figure out a way to help their child be successful.  I have read lots of books and tried lots of different techniques.  Some things come so easy to you, like how good you are at chess, how quickly you add numbers in your head, and your creative Lego creations, and some things like reading are just hard.  You have worked diligently this year and I am so excited to see progress that we can actually measure.  I want you to know how much I am rooting for you.  How excited I am to figure this out with you.  I want you to know how much I love you and how much I delight in who you are and how God made you.  You are one of a kind.

It's hard to wrap my head around a 9th birthday for you--nine is halfway to eighteen, and well, that means I am halfway done raising you, my 4th born.  I don't know how we got here already!  But I do know how thankful I am to call you "mine."  Always, my prayer is you would love Jesus with all your heart.  Happiest birthday Emmers, I love you bunches.

No comments: