Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 14-20

A kind of blurry selfie with my littlest Valentine.  Every now and then I have to make sure I show up in the family album too. ;o)
~
 There is a strange phenomenon that happens in my home between Saturday evening when I usually have laundry caught up and Monday morning.  Somehow, in spite of the fact we are gone all day Sunday to Lincoln, I wake up Monday to somewhere in the vicinity of 3-5 loads of laundry.  I have yet to figure out how this happens, but every Monday I find myself baffled.  This is a version of my current sorting system.  When I am feeling really ambitious, I have all these little crates lined up near the dryer and I can sort the clothes directly from the dryer into the crates (each child gets one).  Their job is to retrieve their own crate and put it away.  Most times though it looks like the picture above: I get myself a few full baskets of clean clothes, dump then on the living room, call a sorting party and we get that laundry done.  (They are still responsible for putting away their own crates). While laundry is an ongoing thing, usually 2 big sorting parties a week can keep it manageable.
~
 I just thought they were cute, eating morning oatmeal side-by-side.
~
And yet another lovely Wednesday evening view.  This week I found myself with a cold, and leaving for Lincoln extra early (8:00 in the morning) so I could take August to the doctor because I was certain he had an ear infection (he did). :o(  We followed up with violin lessons, cello lessons, girls choir, Awana/junior high youth group.  I am so thankful to be able to use Josh's parents' home as home base on days like these. And I am thankful for a God who works out little details--like a dr. appointment opening at the closest office to Grandpa/Grandma's and at the perfect time so I could still make everything else happen for everyone. We stumbled through the door at 10:00 that evening. One more Wednesday done (big sigh of relief).
~
 Beautiful February days--snow nearly completely gone.
~
Sitting down for for a soup-er Saturday supper.
This house is always bustling and humming.  I sure do love my little clan.

No comments: