Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 24-30

 These boys got to attend their first wrestling meet this year. While there are lots of meets out there, right now they are pretty much all on Sundays (which is hard for us because we always want church to be a priority).  We have made exceptions for the tournaments that are put on by the wrestling club we are part of  . . . The high school wrestling season end is in sight--Tuesdays and Thursdays, when Josh leaves at 6:30 in the morning, does bus route, teaches, does wrestling practice, then does little guy wrestling practice and falls through the door about 7:30 in the evening--those days are hard!
~
 Photo op--so sweet when he is asleep!
~
 August has become quite the little smoocher and is quick to make up for a wrong inflicted (like those times he rams his 95th percentile noggin into my eyebrow bone or lip).  The kisses almost make up for it. ;o)
~
Fabulous sunset view from the back deck at my in-law's.
~
 Each week we make a little more potty progress.  Sometimes he tells me he needs to go and he does.  Sometimes he runs in on his own. We haven't completely committed to the process yet though--just some potty dalliances. ;o)  I am almost ready for the 6th round of potty training.  Then I think I should get some sort of trophy. ;o)
~
As the weather approached 50 degrees on Friday we enjoyed some front porch sitting. This is an unheated room, and while we do have a space heater, for the most part it has not been worth the effort of heating all winter.  But it was nice to take some tea and enjoy the sunshine pouring in the windows.
~
I was one picture shy this week, but had an extra from Friday--another fabulous sunset picture, this time, out my own back door.  While January (and it's full, cold 31 days) doesn't have a whole lot going for it, I do have to say the sunrises and sunsets rarely disappoint.  I appreciate January for that. ;o)

No comments: