Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Fall House!







My goal after moving this past May was that I would hopefully have a lot of my projects complete so I could do some fall decorating.  For the most part, that came true. The summer was spent painting . . . the kitchen, the kitchen cabinets, the pantry, the back mudroom, the living/dining room, the school room, the enclosed front porch, and the girls' room. And I painted my bookshelves as well as a desk! And stripped a table . . . For awhile there I think my hand was permanently deformed to look like it was constantly holding a paintbrush.  So, the whole downstairs area--it has all pretty much been covered in new paint. The decorating is a slow process.  I am working on a corner gallery wall around our tv.  It takes time for me to acquire all the picture frames (the ones with the white matting come from Kohls, the others from Walmart). The orange couch pillows were a tablecloth from Target that I was able to make 4 envelope styled pillows out of.  The best part of that project was that I could use the original hems for the back opening part and that saves so much time! The little chalkboard (first pic) was a $2 picture from Goodwill--I painted over the original art with chalkboard paint and then used a chalk marker to write the the quote.  I have begun looking for lots of little chalkboards so I can change them out.  It made me sad to work so hard on some chalk art only to have to erase it! No more of that! ;o)  I told Josh that I finally feel like I am starting to "surface." Having a baby in May 2014, moving a few weeks later, figuring out life in a new area, and then moving again May of 2015--it was a lot!! But I noticed in the last few weeks I am starting to fold towels again instead of just barely get them into a basket for people to fetch out of.  It is a good sign that after nearly a year and a half of "surviving" things are starting to come together.  That is a good feeling.  Not that there still aren't any hopeless areas . . . oh the basement . . . we basically just threw everything in that space that we didn't know what to do with--I have a path to the laundry area and that is it!  But, one thing at a time.  Our home is a cozy little place right now and we are looking forward to hunkering down for the winter.  And how exciting--Christmas decorating is coming!! ;o)

3 comments:

Mimi said...

You have done a beautiful job of making your house a home. So cozy feeling. Now make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy your BLESSINGS!
BTW, your chalk art lettering looks like something an artist would do! Love it! Blessings, C

Judi said...

Love your festive autumn decorating. Hope to see it in person soon!

Kathryn said...

Cozy, darling, and wonderful!! Your chalk are is *so* neat and such a great idea to not erase it. :) I love that plaid blanket over your couch, too. I wish you could come to my house and cozy it up, because I haven't had/found the time to get my fall stuff out yet. :/