Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 8-14

August enjoying his bananas. (Me enjoying those fat little baby feet).
~
One of those moments when it really pays to have six kids. 
(Overlooking what may have been the cause of the tension headache . . . *ahem*).
~
With a week of beautiful weather in the forecast my parents came out for a visit on Tuesday afternoon, my dad all geared up to go "sasquatch hunting." It has been a joke since we moved out here--supposedly a sasquatch was spotted in the county a year or so ago?  Anyway, we live out on the bluffs, with lots of trees, etc, you know, a great place for a sasquatch to live.  So, while my mom and I visited and played with August, my dad geared up the kids with backpacks (bottled water, cookies . . .) and they took off on An Adventure. They were gone for two hours, roaming the countryside. No sasquatches were found on this expedition, but it was a huge hit and the kids can't wait to head out again. ;o)
~
My mom brought out August's newly finished baby quilt. {LOVE!} I attempted to get a decent picture of him on it, but this kid won't stay still.  Sorry Mom--best I could do!! ;o)
~
My baby and I. I kind of like him. ;o)
~
It was "work on the vans" day.  Josh had the assistance of three boys and he walked Jackson through his very first oil change.  Jackson was immensely proud of himself.
~
We had a little "birthday eve" meal for Emmett. He chose homemade macaroni and cheese and a strawberry cake.  I regaled him yet again with the story of his birth and how his father missed it.  It's quite a good story, one of those I didn't so appreciate at the time, but it's grown on me. ;o)



No comments: