Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

February 1-7

 Even while I made my Sunday preparations on Saturday night we received notice that church had canceled.  I kept waking up during the night, but the snow didn't start until early morning.  Come Sunday the world was blanketed in white and SO COLD. I had to slip out for a picture or two but my face got so cold it made my eyes water . . . Still I love a good snow storm, particularly when I have nowhere to go.
~
 School was canceled the next day for Josh. He had a laid back day. August watched him get the shoveling done. We made a trip into Columbus for violin lessons mid day.
~
 Snow galore!
~
 And yet another snow day for Josh!  More snow Wednesday morning called for cancelled classes again, as well as all Wednesday night activities for the kids.  At this point, I was rather giddy with my life as a hermit. Josh continued his Narnia read-aloud with the kids. (Wonky picture frame disclaimer:  every time I look at that wall, I think I need to do some straightening, but you see they all need dusting, and I just haven't exactly been in a dusting mood so they remain wonky . . . you know, "If you give a mouse a cookie . . ." There is a snowball effect that will happen.)
~
A snowy sunrise.
~
 Josh and the kids departed at 7:15 for Arapahoe so that Josh could attend a funeral (and the kids wanted to see Arapahoe again and get ice cream at the pharmacy). ;o)  August and I had the day to ourselves.  We met a friend in Columbus for the GRAND OPENING of a beautiful new Hobby Lobby (I am so excited!). August took a nice nap upon returning home and I puttered about my super quiet house.  And then we had to meet up with the rest of the gang in Seward so we could head into Lincoln for a church activity.  It was kind of crazy, but there were pockets of quiet. ;o)
~
And a Saturday to recover from the crazy Friday.  No wrestling meet this Saturday (it was on Thursday). I think we could all get used to Josh having a two day work week. (2 snow days, plus an already scheduled Friday off). I have nothing overly interesting to say about this picture except August has a really big head, don't you think? ;o)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I have found that sometimes "Wonky" is just the best option! :)

I rather enjoyed all the snowed in days, too. I'm pretty good at being a home body. I suppose those are the kind of days that would be nice for tasks like dusting ;) tee-hee

Can't believe what a big boy August is turning into. Sniff.