Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

November 30-December 6

Three silly boys and one most-likely-teething one.  The tree is up and lit (after just one topple . . .).
~
 Kicking off our December activities with the decorating of the tree. I think we had it decorated in 10 minutes.  I have a lot of help! ;o)
~
 We made these cool clothespin snowflake ornaments.  In fact I loved how they turned out so much that I have a few more glued together awaiting a paint/glitter job.  Sometimes you find a project on Pinterest which sounds good but fails to work, but these were lovely! (And I skipped the super glue and just did hot glue).
~
 Revisiting the orange pomander project of five Christmases ago.  They smell so good!
~
 A fun watercolor ornament painting that everybody took to with relish.  I love how they all turned out! It is hard sometimes to find stuff that appeals to a wide age range, this worked well.  In fact Emmett and Owen loved it so much they made a second one. ;o)
~
 C.R.A.Z.Y day.
Josh left for his bus route at 6:30 in the morning.
We went to Lincoln, leaving at 8:30 in the morning.
Spent from 10:00-11:20 getting August's 6 month appointment complete and the shots.
Grabbed some lunch.
Ran some errands.
Dropped by my in-laws to just catch a breather.
Stopped by a grocery store.
Went to Jackson's cello rehearsal.
Got home at 7:30.
Had a late snack-styled supper and watched a short Christmas movie (that was the fun activity).
Josh got home from his wrestling meet after midnight.
Fist bump to both of us for surviving.  But sad face that he had to be at school at 7:00 the next morning for another wrestling meet.
~
We did our gingerbread houses.  I completely skipped a kit this year and just hot glued graham crackers together.  Jackson wanted a tall one, but everybody else went with a more rectangular shape. Yes, I realize hot glue is cheating. 
No, it does not bother me. ;o)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love how August seems to be making his way into the special activities!!! Wonderful photos!