Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 21-27

(I have had some picture updating to do . . . but in order to keep everything all neat and tidy, I did some backdating, so the other two weeks I was missing are on here, you just might have to scroll a bit) 

On this stage stand five of my children, the only one I can point out is a little shepherd in the first row, red plaid shirt peeking out under his robe (Owen).  He stands next to his cousin Drew in the blue head-dress.
~
 The rainbow cake "innards." I couldn't locate my nine inch cake pans and had to use eight inch, which I am sure contributed to the height. ;o)
~
 FINALLY, FINALLY a lovely lazy day at home for ALL of us. We decorated cookies, Josh did a borax snowflake craft with them, we dined on free steak (given to Josh by one of his wrestlers). It was a good day.
~
 A quiet Christmas Eve at Grandpa and Grandma's house.  (And I did remember a picture!!).
~
 And a quiet Christmas morning (and subsequent day!) at our house.  Due to illness we postponed the big Cooley Christmas an extra day and in the end it was nice to stay home.  I didn't get out of my pajamas until 2:00 in the afternoon.  It was fabulous!!
~
I think this picture neatly sums up August's thoughts on the end of the year Tolkien traditions going on at our house. ;o)
~
The Hansmeyer Christmas--a good portion of the participants awaiting present opening.
My brother Louie and his wife were in Florida, but otherwise we were all able to gather and finish out the December celebrating. Now to wrap up 2014 . . . ;o)

1 comment:

sarah j. said...

that looks like a great cake!