Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Thirteen.

Once upon a time a baby girl entered my life and I absolutely adored her.
She was this tiny little sunbeam, always smiling and happy.
And talking (she talked a lot!!).
The years have slipped by, one by one by one.
Today she is thirteen.
Parenting her this far has been my utter joy and privilege.
She is still a sunbeam.
Happy, Helpful. Diligent. Determined. Whistling-while-she-works.
And I know I am her mom and all, but I find her pretty amazing.






Marissa Grace, my heart is kind of bursting today as I think about the little girl you once were and the young lady you are now.  You have been by my side these last 13 years and I have gotten to pour as much as I can into your thirsty little head.  I love the conversations I have with you. I love your heart for Jesus.  I love the evidence I see that you are THINKING. I love your unabashed desire to walk different from the crowd. I pray that you keep growing in these ways. Not only are you fun to have around for a daughter but I find you fun to have around for a friend! I praise God that He entrusted us with you to raise--you are a blessing!! I hope this 13th birthday is so special for you . . . you have always been and always will be MY most favorite birthday present ever.
My sweet girl SHINE ON!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Happy birthday to our sweet, first grandchild!! Love what you wrote about her....so true! Love all the photos, especially with the books. I don't know that I can call her "Little Rissy" anymore.

Kathryn said...

Oh so very sweet!! Love this tribute to your girl and the pictures to go along--my favorites are her laughing in the sunshine and the books! Happy birthday, Marissa! (and happy birthday to you, too, Janna! I'm thinking someone needs to hijack this blog and write a bday tribute to what a wonderful person *you* are!!)