Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

July 13-19

 Marissa's first day as a working woman-- she came back from the corn fields hot and muddy but with a smile on her face.  She's excited to see her new bank account getting a little stash in it, and we're happy to see that she is a good little worker.
~
Another batch of kittens--five of them--growing steadily out in the window well.  I am anxious to see that little white one a bit bigger.  One of these days my youngest brother is going to get a box of "assorted kittens" on his doorstep. ;o)
~
 When I looked out the window I saw Jackson and Emmett getting pulled around the yard by Owen.  By the time I got out to snap a picture Jackson saw me and ran away (he has been anti-picture lately in the event you wondered why you have hardly seen him on my blog--I do still love him just as much as everyone else, rest-assured). Anyway, I found it amusing that my little guy was pulling the bigger guys around.
~

 At 6:45 pm Owen informed me he was so tired, and within 15 minutes he was snoozing away on the couch.  The kids have been so busy outside--lots of foot races lately.  Owen is definitely at a disadvantage but he gives it his all. 
~
 My sweet baby hit two months.  He smiles and coos and squeals.  He has rolled from tummy to back.
He is my little pal. I don't know where the summer has gone.  I kind of feel like it never truly got started this year--that constant "just keep my head above water" feeling has been my daily company. And so I feel like I had him and then I blinked and two months slipped right by.
~
 Isabella found a baby birdie at Grandpa and Grandma's that had been kicked from the nest.  She spent a good hour following it around.
~
Sweet August. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Loving all the photos. So glad you are still able to keep up with this amongst all the busyness of your home!!

Kathryn said...

Bella is just destined to be some sort of zoo keeper---kitties, now birds. Love it!

Thanks for clarifying about Jackson. ;) I wondered where he had been.

Glad Marissa can still smile after a day in the corn field. A great summer job. I'm hoping to convince my boys to do it, too and then they can give me their paycheck to help pay for groceries. Just kidding. Kind of. ;)

You have definitely had a whirlwind summer. I'm praying that you will soon not feel so "keep the head above the water" and start to settle in to more of an easy back float....or dog paddle....depending on the day. ;)

I love the photo gallery above the sofa and your wall clock. You'll have to do a house tour one of these days.

It would appear I have made it my goal to be very wordy and end everything with some sort of winky smile. ;) There ya go!