Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 18-24

Admiring every single little wrinkle and teeny tiny part.
~
 We brought August home from the hospital and that evening Daddy and Grandpa took the boys out to their first baseball game in Shelby.  I love Emmett's pose. ;o)
~
 Not a great day. ;o(
It started out with Isabella--we were up late in the night with her while she writhed in pain due to the intestinal clean-out that had to happen for her endoscopy/colonoscopy.  They then left early in the morning for Omaha for the procedure.  While they were away I took August in for a weight and color check.  His bilirubin levels had climbed to the 16 range, and they needed him to go on lights.  A home health care nurse got him set up with that come afternoon.  And then Josh had to go back to Arapahoe that evening. Happy news--doctor ruled out Crohn's disease and said things looked great inside (and now we are baffled as to what has been going on with her tummy).
~
 Another weight/color check.  Levels coming down a bit with him on lights, still not gaining or pooping. I learn my insurance will cover a breast pump 100% and begin popping 16 fenugreek tablets and pumping in my spare time.  I syringe any extra breast milk I can get out as well as some formula into him in hopes of getting him gaining and his intestines moving.  The doctor has me try a suppository on him to get things going in the intestinal area but it doesn't work.
~
 While I am in the waiting area for yet another weight/color check I hear explosive sounds coming from the carseat.  I laughed, I cheered . . . the five day pooping stand-off had ended.  It was the most glorious diaper ever. ;o)  Billirubin levels continue to fall, and after two days on lights we get to take them off.  We celebrate by coming home and getting an overdue bath. Owen was so excited to assist.
~
Back in February when Josh and I both upgraded our phones to the iphone 5c one of the features Josh was excited about was the face time.  (I could have cared less . . .) However, it has been SO WONDERFUL for the kids and all the time they have had to spend apart from Daddy over the last few months.  We face time him in the evenings and he takes the phone around the house, showing them what their cats are up to, how far he has gotten on packing, etc.  I can show him August since he is basically missing his whole first week and a half of life.  Sometimes I have this love/hate relationship with technology, but this has been a great perk for our family!
~
Oh that sweet little face . . . we love him so. ;o)

No comments: