Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 11-17

 Mother's Day 2014 seemed like a good day to have a baby, but alas, that was not to be. None-the-less it was a day to be thankful for all the little people God has blessed me with and given to me to care for. My cup overflows.
~
 The stuff is ready . . . it has been ready . . . just need the baby. ;o)
~
 Jackson and Grandpa practicing baseball together--my bird's eye view from the balcony.
~
 And the due date comes (and subsequently goes).
I baked myself a chocolate cake.
~
 40 weeks 1 day.
Josh took me thrifting in the morning (scored lots more silver for my collection and a cute little ironstone sugar bowl).  And we hit the zoo in the afternoon.
~
May 16 . . . no picture . . . 40 weeks 2 days . . . having contractions on and off . . .
~
And after a long, long night . . .
August Daniel arrived at 4:13 a.m. on May 17th--just one day shy of making it to Uncle Dan's birthday.
7 lbs 3 oz
19 inches long
(More on that significant life event later . . . ) ;o)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yeah for August's arrival!! He's a sweetie.

Kathryn said...

The start of the week with 5---the end of the week with 6. The Lord is good!! So glad August is here to join his sweet family. Praying for you all during this busy transition phase!