Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

September 29-October 5

 We spent the afternoon at my parents' home, got in some fishing as well as some combine rides.  My dad was cutting beans (which as I've mentioned before is nowhere as cool as corn) but we didn't think we'd be back again before he finished this year's harvest, so it was beans or nothing. ;o)
~
I did a bit of my own harvesting in my mother-in-law's pumpkin patch.  She grew some giants!  I took what I thought I could comfortably fit in our minivan.
~
I worked on this chalkboard back in September (blatantly copying from another blog because I'm not sure I have a single *original* idea).  It took me forever and cramped my hand up so bad it took a few days of recovery.  But it was completely worth it to have this all pretty for my favorite month of the year. ;o) And it will be REALLY hard to erase it when time--definitely the most complicated design I've tried!
~
 The kittens like to cuddle up on Isabella's giraffe pillow pet for their (many) naps.  Maybe it is a surrogate mother to them?
~
 Marissa had her first choir concert at the school.  The highlight for her was getting to accompany both the jr. high choir and the 5th and 6th grade choir on violin.  Okay, and probably the highlight for her mommy and daddy as well. ;o)  
~
 The kitten Galadriel finding a perfect perch.
~
My family building a sandwich.  I opted out.
Josh--bread
Isabella--lettuce
Jackson--turkey
Emmett--cheese
Marissa--mustard
Owen--tomato
I suppose I would have been the other slice of bread, but somebody had to take the picture.


2 comments:

Anna said...

!! I'm in love with the family sandwich picture! :) And the kitties being adorable. But what a wonderful poem! Such beautiful words (and beautiful design) to describe the beauty of changing seasons--something I relish more and more as I get older. Happy October! :)

Kathryn said...

So many fun pics this week! I'm swooning over all the pumpkins. Can I pretend to be Linda's daughter-in-law and go over and do some harvesting? ;)

The kitty with the books is darling!

Was it hard to decide which little boy filled the roll as "Turkey?" heehee

Glad Marissa's accompanying went well. What a thrill for her.

LOVE your chalkboard! I don't know how you will be able to erase that. This is my favorite one yet!