Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy 8th Jackson Macrae!

I've been mulling over this 8th birthday for the last few weeks, because something about "eight" just seems so big and for some reason I like to think of all three of you boys as "little boys."  However, I was forced to conclude that it has been a long, long time since you were slicing screen doors with steak knives, stuffing potatoes down air vents, removing laptop keys, urinating on infant brothers, spending most of your days in the buff, and drawing large murals on your bedroom walls.  THAT was all ages ago.  And we survived!! ;o)
And now you are a big boy, a boy who loves legos and baseball and math, a boy we deemed trustworthy enough to have in his possession a cello.  That in and of itself should tell you something--you are growing up!

You have always had an intensity about you and as you get older I appreciate this trait more and more. 
 I see in you a hard worker, somebody who strives for accuracy.
Sometimes, it makes life hard for you, because you can't stand to fail.
And while in so many ways you are an unending puzzle for me to solve, I get your shyness around other people, that you're an introvert like me.  And you're left-handed so that automatically makes you awesome. ;o)

Vacation this year was your idea--you wanted to see the big trees.
And I can't tell you how happy it made me when you kept asking me to take your picture--the boy who really does not like to have his picture taken!  Your excitement and joy filled up my heart.


My life is so much better with you in it.
It has been a joy to watch you grow and mature these last eight years.
You never fail to surprise me and I can't wait to see what God has up ahead for you to do.
I pray you strive to be a wise man with a heart that thirsts for Him.
I pray you know how much we love you.
Happy birthday Jackson-boy!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Wow--EIGHT! Love this sweet posting...I'm excited to see what the Lord does in his life. Happy birthday, Jackson!

..on a side note, I'm envisioning older versions of your children forming a string quintet, with you conducting a most beautiful arrangement...he looks good behind a cello! :)

Kathryn said...

I have always wanted to play the cello and I've always thought it would be cool to be left-handed. You're living my dream, Jackson! :) Hope you have a *very* special, special day! Your mommy has told me all about what a wonder of a boy you are and how very, very much she loves you!