Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to the Books

So, on Monday we decided we had put off the inevitable long enough and got our school year up and going.  It is crazy to think this is my 7th year of official homeschooling!  I asked them all what they want to be when they grow up.
 Marissa:
a published author
a violinist who can play "Flight of the Bumblebee"
an artist 
a singer
 Isabella:
an Olympic gymnast
a songwriter
a mommy
a nurse
a farmer's wife
 Jackson:
a professional baseball player 
(but if that doesn't work out he plans on opening a soup restaurant using all my soup recipes) ;o)
 Emmett:--
a hunter
Owen:
I'm not sure he grasped the question--I think mainly he just wants to be "big"

We have an overall American history theme going on this year--maybe I'll get around to doing my annual "what we're studying post" but maybe not.  As always this first week has my brain feeling like it is on a merry-go-round . . . so many children, so many questions . . . but I'm sure that will settle down at some point (hopefully!). ;o)

3 comments:

Helen said...

I am incredibly impressed with you and your beautiful family ... have a great academic year!!

Anna said...

Wow--all 5 busy bees to teach this year! I'll be praying for things to go smoothly for you. And I *LOVE* hearing their hopes and dreams...I'll definitely be coming to that soup restaurant (or perhaps a pro baseball game). I'm thinking Emmett could be his meat supplier with his hunting career...bunch of cuties you got, hope you get off to a great start! :)

Kathryn said...

Thank you for this post--as it reminds me that I need to get our back to school pics done. (I forgot last year! GASP!!) I loved your description of merry-go-round-brain. THAT WAS ME THIS WEEK!!! Hoping for a little less spinning in the weeks to come. :)