Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 9-15

 Just because some day I'm sure there will no longer be glittery iridescent purple toenails in my home.
~
 A slice of life in the evenings:
Marissa walking around, practicing violin while
Isabella turns a cartwheel while
Jackson watches a baseball game while
Emmett giggles over pictures in a book while 
Owen loudly sings "Jesus Loves Me" with a music stand as a prop.
It's our "normal" and sometimes I think it will always be like this, but deep down I know it is a fleeting season to be soaked up and loved.
~
Cute little t-ball huddle after each game.
~
A happy little welcome to our home.
~

People have always said that Isabella and Owen look a lot alike and that they look the most like Josh.  Bella is probably more her daddy than me (although the freckles and shyness/personality are mine--I get credit for something!) but  Owen is a spitting image of Josh, like in every possible way.  I did find a few baby freckles on him in the last few weeks.  Maybe we will have one more freckle-face?
~
 I took the kids swimming for the first time this summer.  Emmett complained of eyes that were bothered by the chlorine once we returned home.  I gave him some eye drops and told him to keep his eyes closed.  He promptly fell asleep on the couch. And then storm clouds rolled in and the house got dark and quiet, reminding me of "the napping house where everyone is sleeping . . ." ;o)
~
That's my Rissy girl in the blue cap and suit diving in for a 50 freestyle. And she won it! I'm utterly amazed at the improvement in a few weeks' time (two weeks ago she was last or nearly last!).  And Bella has a speedy little backstroke.  Swim team has definitely been foreign territory for our family, but I think really good for the girls--and great exercise as well!

5 comments:

Judi said...

Wonderful photos, as always. I will have to make a copy of photo #2, with everyone doing their own thing.
And yeah for Rissy...she even won, swimming in the lane with the wall, getting all the back wash. Next time, she'll be in the middle!!!

sarah j. said...

i have heard great things about swim teams! so fun for your girls to try something new.
and the pic of isabella and owen is so fun! :)

Kathryn said...

I just *LOVE* these picture posts--especially when they involve I's freckles!! :)

Anna said...

Wow, Marissa--way to go! And I am *IN LOVE* with that busy picture of your entire bunch doing their own thing...so great! And so true about savoring it. Was a great reminder for me, thanks! :)

Brooke said...

I am so impressed with Marissa's form! Swimming sounds like a fantastic option for the girls. And I will second all of the other comments, I love the slice of life photo. It feels like one of those "Meanwhile, Back on the Farm" children's books. :-)