Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

March 31-April 6

The obligatory Easter pic.
~
Jackson's first words to me upon waking this Monday morning?
"The Cardinals play their first game tonight!"
I think I might have a lifelong fan on my hands. ;o)
~
Tuesday morning I had the opportunity to teach a lesson on time management at my Lincoln church to the young moms.  This stretched me in a lot of ways--I wouldn't exactly call myself "a natural" when it comes to public speaking (my heart tends to race off at break-neck speeds) and then just the whole process of organizing a lesson . . .
But as Josh reminds me (and his students), struggle is good for the brain.  Still, I breathed a huge sigh of relief when it was all done. ;o)
~
A garish photo at night with blatant flash.  I had forgot (forgot!!) my camera for Awana awards night, so the pic of all their awards had to wait until we got home.  Yay for another completed year! 
~
So, it was like 55 degrees this day. 
My poor confused children.  Spring has been so slow that 55 degrees seemed perfect weather for bathing suits and mud puddle making.
~
Whenever I forget to take a picture during the day there's always a Nebraska sunset.
~
Mama cat enjoying a nursing break on the front step.  I love Emmett's little toes curled underneath him.
~








3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Awww, I'm glad Mama Cat was getting some love on her much deserved break--and I agree, the curled toes are adorable! I *love* Owen's "big boy" hair cut! Your sweet Easter crew all looked adorable.

Anna said...

I find the swimsuit day completely hilarious! How funny that God made our bods to adjust to temps like that. ..although still, 55? The toes are adorable...and glad for your sake the lesson is off your plate (the class was WONDERFUL and so encouraging!). Hugs to your bunch..praying for you guys.

Brooke said...

I also have weather-confused children- Luca keeps crying when I insist she wear socks and a sweater whereas Court cries when I make him go outside without his coat. And your class was fantastic. I have a picture of the jar with rocks/pebbles/sand and water in my head each morning. :-)