Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy 11th Marissa Grace!

 
 
 
 
 
 
Today you are eleven.
I think it might have been yesterday, or just last week that it was my 22nd birthday and the best present ever was placed in my arms.  It surely wasn't eleven years ago.  But I show your daddy the pictures I snapped, and we're shocked to see this pretty young lady grinning back.  Where did the little girl with the round cheeks and impish grin go?  And Daddy whispers kind of fearfully, "She's beautiful . . . we won't get her contacts until she is really old."
But it is your heart where the true beauty lies, my giving, helping, and selfless girl.  You are often a lesson to me in how I should be.  I've watched you grow and change and blossom so much this year.  You're taller, your feet are bigger, your work ethic has matured.  I see the glimpses of what the grown-up you could be and it makes my heart all warm and happy.  Oh girlie, I hope your heart stays true.  I pray that Jesus keeps being the focus.  I pray you go forward with discernment and wisdom.  I pray you do the hard things.  And I hope you know that as we wade through the "big girl stuff" that I'm sure is just around the bend that I love you, SO MUCH.  God made a very special you.  Never doubt the plans He has for you and never sell out for something cheaper.
 
Happy birthday Rissy-girl!  Raising you has been a joyful gift. 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Mom said...

Amen to all that you wrote! Love you, Marissa!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday to both you and Marissa!

sarah j. said...

happy birthday Marissa!
she is beautiful. love the pictures. :)

Kari M. said...

oh..tears in my eyes! Happy Birthday to you Janna on being a Mama for 11 yrs (-=

Anna said...

Oh, this makes me feel teary-eyed. What a precious, sweet, and pretty girl..these shots are gorgeous...I *LOVE* that 3rd shot (she looks just like you, Janna!)...she IS a beauty, inside & out. I especially loved the B&W reading shot, and her out in the sticks. And LOL at Josh's comment!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you precious girls...was thinking of you on your special day. :)

Kathryn said...

Happy birthday to your blossoming young lady! Pic 3 & 4 are my favorite.

Brooke said...

This made me tear up, what a lovely tribute. And you're right, she's beautiful! (And I don't think keeping her in glasses will make one iota of difference.) ;-)