Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 9-15

Marissa letting me experiment with some evening light. ;o)
~
Owen drew his very first people!  This skill is one of my absolute favorites to see emerge--I'm not sure what it is, but it always makes me jump up and down happy.  Aren't first people just adorable??
~
One of the fun things about homeschooling is the education I get--often I find something that piques my interest, in this case, the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and am beset with a need to know more.  (That, and my newly acquired knowledge will come in handy when Josh surprises me with a European vacation some day) . . . ;o)
~
The girls are playing volleyball this fall.  Arapahoe has an elementary team and we thought it would be a fun experience for them.  And seeing as there was absolutely a reason that their mother ran cross country they will hopefully acquire a set of skills that I am unable to impart. *ahem*
~
Jackson has really thrived these first few weeks of school.  Seven seems to be a magical age for him, and suddenly everything is clicking in wonderful and delightful ways.  He finished this little book as part of his phonics instruction and then set off to find Owen and read it to him.  You will note that Owen is my only child who takes it upon himself to get ready in the morning.  Jackson is still in his jammies, and Emmett, well let's just say he had to be strategically positioned before I could snap a picture.
~
Josh was quite excited to get to drive the golf cart at the Arapahoe cross country meet.  He claims it was more stressful than he originally thought--those runners really do just blindly follow.  But in the end, he did successfully navigate the course. ;o)
~
The losing of the first tooth!  Isn't it strange that it was a top one?  Jackson is kind of a "late tooth loser" however, the two front middle and two front top all seemed to get loose at the same time.  I fear in a few short weeks there will be nothing there!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

sarah j. said...

beautiful picture of Marissa! she's getting to be a lovely young lady. :) and the picture of the 3 boys with a strategically placed Emmett made me laugh.

Kathryn said...

The pic of Marissa is *so* lovely!! Why do they have to grow up? *sigh*

Anna said...

Oh this is such a great posting! Love the boys reading together, and their different dressing personalities...Owen's flannel & shorts is great! The course navigating sounds exciting, along with the tooth...and Marissa is GORGEOUS. :)