Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 23-29

"The Ladies" from my side of the family, my mom, my sis-in-law Lanay (and little nephew!!), my soon-to-be-sis-in-law Becky, my sister Lynsi, and me.  We were gathered for a Pampered Chef bridal shower for Becky (I've determined I need to have one of these thrown for me . . .). ;o)
~
Have I mentioned the cat is ours for the keeping?  Our neighbors determined she left too much hair on their new outside furniture and gifted her on.  Sky is a nice outdoor cat, and it seems she also has a fondness for pumpkins . . . she's okay in my book.
~
I tore out the one lone plant that had managed to hang on through the summer and replanted my pot with some mums and ornamental cabbage from Walmart.  Does Walmart usually have cabbage?  I don't remember seeing it there before, but I was delighted to only have to fork over $3.38 (or something like) that to acquire one.
~
Emmett found a little snake amidst my flowers--Marissa scooped him up for me so we could all get a good look.  I don't mind looking at snakes, but I'd rather not have any personal dealings with them.
~
My morning routine--make a cup of tea and pull out my Bible. 
 Now in my little dream world, the rest of the household would remain asleep and I would greet the day quietly.  In my real world all my boys are early risers desiring their own cups of warmth (cocoa, tea, cocoa--respectively).  And so we all set down together for the "quiet time" that was anything but.  Initially, I felt kind of annoyed, but then I decided to pull out my camera . . . I'm guessing some day, far sooner than I am ready for, my quiet time will indeed be quiet and I'll remember this picture with fondness. 
"Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters . . ."
I love these girls to pieces.
~
Isabella serving at her first volleyball game.  We enjoyed watching the girls and their distinctive styles, Isabella--calm and methodical, Marissa--throwing herself every which way across the gym floor with nary a care for the pain it might inflict. ;o)
 
 

6 comments:

Anna said...

Looks like a great week...the sisters picture melts me! I was giggling at their volleyball personalities..and the "quiet" breakfast sounds sweet. :)

Mom said...

Those 2 girls of yours are growing up fast....way too fast. They are so beautiful. What a neat picture.

Kathryn said...

Oh my! That pic of your girlies to *gorgeous*---they are becoming young ladies {sigh} And if you're going to have a kitty, at least it's a pretty one that lives outdoors and likes pumpkins. :)

Natalie said...

Great week of pictures! The one of your girls is SO sweet!

sarah j. said...

you've motivated me to go track down some cabbage to put in my front planters. and i'm sure you will look back on the picture of your boys with fond memories of "quiet time"

Brooke said...

Love the "quiet" time pic and the one of the girls, SO sweet. I too have to swallow annoyance and remember that someday I will miss _____. :-)