Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy 7th Jackson!!!

 

 

 
You are my Lego boy.
My "Where's Waldo" boy.
The boy who claims he *HATES* kisses (but really does not).
My boy who delights in gardening.
The number boy.
The boy who warms up to everything slowly.
The boy who sees life a different way.
The boy who asked for hot dogs, french fries, and broccoli with cheese for his birthday meal.
The boy excited to do "seven math" today.
The intense one.
 
You are always and forever my never-ending puzzle, you stretch me and make me think and teach me to meet you where you're at.  When you are happy and excited about something it fills my heart to exploding.  And when you are not, I find myself back at the drawing board, trying to figure out a "Jackson approach."  You come at things on your own timetable.  And when you figure something out?  It is always the best day ever.
You make my life so much better by being in it.
I'm so thankful for the seven years God has given me to love you and raise you and point you toward Him.  It is a complete joy to see you grow and change, and I pray always that God will do something mighty with your heart and life. 
Happy birthday buddy!!! 
 
 

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy birthday to your little man! Hope it's an extra special day!

Anna said...

*gasp!* that last picture!! Happy, happy birthday to your little man...love hearing about his unique 'Jacksonisms'....hope it was a special day! :)

Kari M. said...

I second Anna's comment! He looks so grown up in the last pic (-: Happy Birthday from the McGrews!

Natalie said...

What a cutie. Looks like you've captured him at this ate wonderfully!