Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 8-14

Sweet picture of Owen, who pulled up a chair to watch the baking of some "Strawberry Lemonade Muffins."
~
Story time with Bella--he's on a big Boynton kick right now.
~
Bright blue houses DO make good backgrounds for some things. ;o)
~
Owen is what we like to call a "helper bee"--all he wants to do is help, it doesn't matter what you're doing.  I loved seeing him sitting in the garage with his daddy shucking corn.  And I'll note he dressed himself . . . technically we don't wear jammy pants with our t-shirts, however, he did match his greens quite nicely. ;o)
~
Emmett's personality has developed a lot over the last few months.  Pretty much every person he meets is his new best friend.  Enter the UPS guy.  Josh and I cracked up to see him immediately appear at the truck's door awaiting the bestowing of THE PACKAGE. 
~
Friday night "date night" with Josh.  Tucked the kids into bed at his parents' house and then played some Old Maid on the back balcony.  Janna--2, Josh--1 . . . not that I'm keeping track or anything.
~
I decided life was too short to place contingencies on when or where I can plant a hydrangea.  Seeing as I killed all 12 of the cuttings (I'll try again though . . .) and Home Depot had all trees and shrubs 50% off (through July 18th--in case you need something!) I decided it was worth $9 to me.  And should we ever move or buy a house I'll just dig it up and replant. (and should we not, at least I'll have one hydrangea to console myself with . . .) ;o)





4 comments:

sarah j. said...

i like the old maid deck. :)
it's always fun to plant things! and i will say, the first place Nick and I lived after we got married had 2 amazing long stem rose bushes growing in the backyard, planted by the previous tenant. it was fun to know that they cared about the place enough to make it a little more homey & it inspired me to plant some herbs that would come back for the person who moved in after us. :) i loved that tiny little duplex!

Anna said...

These are great! Yay for the pretty hydrangea...and I *LOVE* the oven-watching in black & white. LOL on the Old Maid rivalry. :)

Kathryn said...

I *love* that pic of Bella & Owen! Melt! And you're *so* right about your blue house being the *perfect* backdrop for that sunflower pic!!! There's always a silver lining, right? :)

Natalie said...

Some great pictures here! I love the top one and the sunflower against the blue is perfect. :-)