Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dog Days?

So, it's kind of hot here.  I'm not sure *officially* what the temperature got to yesterday, but I saw some 110's and 112's on the home and car thermometers.  I felt bad for the kids sleeping on top bunks last night.  It would seem the insulation up there in attic land might not be the most stellar.
Do to the extreme heat Josh has taken to rearranging the living room.  He has forbidden us from using the front door or the back door, encouraging us instead to only go out through the garage door.  In case we forget there is a wingback blocking entrance (or exit) out front.  I did manage to sneak out the back door to water my pumpkins when I thought he wasn't looking, but suddenly he appeared at the window, "tsk-ing" me and shaking his finger in reprimand.  The garage door it is . . .
And as I sit here typing at a quarter to eight in the morning our thermometer is a few tenths of a degree from 90.  I do believe we are in for another extra hot one.  How thankful I am for air conditioning and crazy husbands who do their best to conserve that cool air. There's a lot of ice cream and popsicle eating going on here! ;o)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Stay cool! Hang blankets over the windows if your blinds are "darkening" enough. This helps to make you feel cooler too.

Mom said...

That should be... aren't darkening enough

Anna said...

Oh yeah...ice cream tastes EXTRA good on this hot days...LOL at the energy conservation police. :)

Brooke said...

HA! Good idea Josh. And I love that you got caught. ;-)