Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

May 6-12



Half marathon . . . highlight of the week! ;o)
~
A roly-poly town that kept the kids busy all afternoon--and let me tell you, they had a LOT of roly-polies!
~
A bunch of bubble wands and a full container of bubble solution kept the boys occupied most of this day (they actually went through the whole container of solution, but I'm pretty sure there was some spillage . . .).
~
A stack of library holds just for me! I was quite happy to discover the Lincoln libraries had a bunch of books that had been on my Amazon wish list for awhile (and after reading a few I'm glad I didn't actually purchase them).
~
My sister and I met up at my mom's house for one last visit before we headed back home.  Granny dished up some ice cream sandwiches to all the cousins.  Jackson was there but ran back to the house to eat his because he feared the sun would melt it.  No amount of coercion could force him back for a picture.
~
Upon arrival back in Arapahoe we were delighted to discovered our half-circle drive way had been excavated with the promise of paving looming in the very near future.  Talk about a LOT of misplaced dirt!  The kids got right to work building a castle.
~
Saturday was spent putting a little garden in.  It doesn't look like much but I'm hoping it will supply us with a little bit of fresh food this summer.  We also put in a row of sunflowers on the south side of the house and a few hills of pumpkins, which (in the event they grow) should overtake the backyard.  I still have the cucumbers to plant.  How serendipitous to have piles of loose dirt at my disposal just in time to create a garden! ;o)



2 comments:

Anna said...

Ooh the book pile and garden looks like fun for you...dirt pile and roly poly--fun for your kids! Looks like another fun and busy week.

Kathryn said...

I *love* these glimpses into the Cooley Clan! Always so much going on and lots of memories made. Yay for your stellar finish at the marathon and for your garden! I had to chuckle at the May 11th pic since it looks like Marissa is about to whack Jackson with that shovel and knowing how those two "love" each other...... :)