Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 20-26

One more picture from our fishing expedition . . . this one's kind of special to me.
~
Our Cecropia Moth friend that Josh caught and Emmett managed to set free in Grandpa and Grandma's house, but was subsequently caught again (and then freed again while Emmett was sleeping . . . ).
~

Some happy bowls that I found at the TJ Maxx in Lincoln!  I adore that color and I needed some new mixing bowls (really, I did!!). ;o)
~
While we don't have the prettiest of yards here the wheat field in the back has more than made up for it!  I'm amazed at how "blonde" it has gotten just a few days after snapping this picture (hitting 100 degrees today will do that!). Harvest is just around the corner. And I think I foresee some more wheat pictures with the kids in the very near future (a full month ahead of schedule!).
~
I heard the air compressor running and running--upon investigation I discovered it was Owen "filling" up his trike tires.  Now technically, these tires do not go flat, but he happened to find a bolt in the vicinity of the tire that looked enough like a tire stem and was giving it his best effort.  That boy does not fail to entertain us!
~
Working on the summer activity list--we were able to cross off the root beer floats last night (although I'm quite certain that activity will be revisited). ;o)
The first watermelon of the season.  The seven of us managed to polish this baby off in one meal--a first for us!  And Emmett is a goofball. ;o)

3 comments:

Mom said...

I love all the pictures. And I think I have something (eventually) to go with those bowls!! ;-)

Anna said...

I'm in love with all these shots---*W-O-W* on the wheat field! So gorgeous...your comp was perfect there. And those pretty bowls! Glad to find that you had a cecropria moth visitor too...such pretty creatures.

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the sunset over the wheat picture. Beautiful.