Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 8-14

A family Easter picture . . . 6 out of 7 looking at the camera, not too shabby! Jackson was in a less-than-stellar mood, I thought he was standing there all amiably but EVERY SINGLE PICTURE he was looking down.  This is real life people. ;o)
~
Redbuds, probably my very favorite spring flowering tree!
~
Owen has entered the "Little People phase" and consequently I overhear him acting out little scenarios with the figurines.  This night I nudged Josh saying "Look how cute he is!" Owen heard me and got all bashful, peering at me through the attic window.
~
 My first baking of Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake!  It's a recipe I've used since high school and it is soooo good!  It's not all dry and crummy like you may think a coffee cake is, but it is really just plain awesome.  Perfect for a Mother's Day brunch perhaps?
~
Rainy day messiness busy-ness.
~
Owen also likes the potato heads.  Overall he is just growing up, isn't he? *sniffle*
~
Josh replacing the shocks on the van (with help).  I must say I appreciate his handiness!  When we got married I think he could change oil and a tire, and shortly after my dad taught him how to do brakes.  Since then he has done all sorts of things--things I would describe if I had any idea what I was talking about. ;o)  Overall he's saved us a bunch of money in car maintenance and repairs. Money I can spend on more important things like books and fabric . . . ;o)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Kevin loves anything with strawberries and rhubarb, so I am going to try that recipe soon!

Anna said...

These are gorgeous photos, Janna! Love the close-up of the cake, and your beautiful colorful family shot made me smile...and yes, I agree--books and fabric are WAY more fun to spend money on. :)