Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

February 26-March 3

Sundays always get away from me . . . but I did like the late afternoon light falling across my (fake) eggs and illuminating my need to dust . . .
~
Dentist Day=New Toothbrushes
Marissa--the grown-up looking toothbrush in the middle-no cavities
Isabella--the Barbie one (of course)-no cavities
Jackson--the Batman one--his 1st cavity on a brand-new six year molar (which the dentist thought strange and wondered if something might have happened when that tooth was developing)
Emmett--Transformer toothbrush-no cavities
Owen--the pink/purple Littlest Pet Shop one (?) and *sigh* TWO CAVITIES! None of my kids have ever done that!  Isabella had her first cavity a year ago, and now Jackson has his first, but for Owen to already have two at age two . . . eek!  However, he was utterly adorable sitting in the big chair all by himself (wish I had a picture of that!).  And Josh and I? No cavities . . . Josh has NEVER had a cavity!  I was hoping all the kids would get his teeth . . .
~
My photo pages arrived and I immediately got to work on the 2011 album--SO MUCH FUN! In two afternoons I had all my pictures organized and put in the album.  Now I just have to go through and add journaling cards!
~
I totally got a kick out of Owen and his scholarly pose as he ponders Jackson's math book.  Not to be a broken record, but he is SUCH A COPY-CAT!! ;o)
~
An accomplishment I felt picture worthy--fitting three days worth of clothes for five children into ONE suitcase. 
~
The mall in Denver that housed an American Girl store as well as a Lego store, pleasing the masses.
~
Oh, is there a story to go with this picture, unfortunately that will have to wait for a free moment in the next few days so I can give it the space it so deserves. (Is that a teaser or what??) ;o)  Let's just say no vacation is complete without some sort of unforeseen adventure.  It was quite the way to finish off our week!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Love all the pictures! The one of Owen cracks me up. And of course, I know the details of the last picture, but I won't spoil it for the others!!! ;-)

Kathryn said...

Is that YOU sitting in your van on top of a tow truck!?!? OH NO!!!!! You look adorable and happy with your cute wave, like you're getting ready to take your van to a car show or something......somehow, I think there is a different twist to that story?! :{ I like how your mom adds to the suspense by throwing in her own little teaser! :)

Glad you emerged relatively unscathed from the dentist. Nathan has had cavities early on, too and it can be discouraging.

Anna said...

LOL on the last pic--love the big smile & wave. (And yes, I'm totally curious about the story behind that...hope it wasn't too painful) Glad you guys could have a little get-away, with all the fam's 200-some pearly whites in tip top shape for the vacay pics. :)