Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

On Valentine's Day . . .

We made cookies--

And had a heart-y lunch--
(Oh yes, I so did snip most of a bag of pepperonies into little hearts.  A wee bit neurotic tedious? Yes.  But the kids loved it.  And nothing went to waste--I had many children more than happy to eat the scraps.  And did you know strawberries are easily turned into hearts?  Just cut a "v" when you are taking off the top.) ;o)

***
That was pretty much the extent of our celebrating. I was missing my sister and her bunch as we seem to always do something together with the kids for Valentine's Day.  This year packages in the mail had to suffice on both ends. Of course, mail is always fun, but I do so wish we could have partied in person. 

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm in LOVE with the pepperoni hearts...what a creative lunch. And the pink & purple cookies look beautiful...love the pics!

Kathryn said...

I saw the pepperoni hearts on Pinterest and thought "Who in the *world* would do all that work with cutting out pepperonis?" haha! I bet you did miss your sweet sister and her crew.....you guys always did such cute and crafty celebrations.