Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

January15-21

This apron was my grandma's--I never actually saw her wear it or know the story behind it, but I love its "vintagey-ness" (that's a word, right?) ;o) and it makes a great Valentine's decoration.
~

Rissy and her daddy--after a particularly intense tickle session!
~
Okay, so I ADORE this picture.  He was watching out the window (with his new best friend, stuffed doggie) for Daddy to arrive for lunch.  I just LOVE the expression on his little face.
~
What Emmett brought home from the library this week--he was so delighted with his finds. And me, well, I think I'm going to have to keep my eye on that one . . . ;o)
~
Where I find Marissa most afternoons, yes, sometimes still in her jammies (oh the life of a homeschooler . . .) writing her latest novel or reading the next "Redwall" book.
~
The flakiest biscuits I ever made--they literally peeled apart in layers!  And they're square because I was pressed for time, so I just quickly "sliced and baked."  They went nicely with some homemade chicken noodle soup--YUM!
~
A little paper heart garland . . . Funny story, when I was in Kearney on Tuesday I tried several different stores but nobody had a big heart punch.  I returned home rather dejected since I had these pretty papers but no way to make the hearts.  And then a lightbulb went off--while certainly a punch would be slick and easy I DO have scissors!  Yes, it did take me a bit more time, but it's not like I spent hours cutting out hearts (maybe just half an hour).  It was a fun little craft--I've actually never sewn on paper before!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh I love these shots of everyday life...and the heart garland is SO PRETTY! Gotta remember that one.

Kathryn said...

The lighting on the picture of Owen is *stunning*!!! Everything I read about photography says to find a spot in your house that gets gorgeous natural lighting and take your pictures there. I think that window is "your spot."

Brooke said...

I'm having serious camera envy looking at your pictures- so lovely! And I think jammie-days are one of the best things about homeschooling.