Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Coffee Filter Wreath

One of these babies has been on my list of things to do for awhile--
And I must say, they are just as easy and cheap as rumored to be!
My wreath is a 14 inch styrofoam form from Hobby Lobby ($4.99, but I used a 40% off coupon), two packs of "natural" coffee filters ($1.12 each at Walmart), and a bag of floral pins (I think they were $2.49).   I found it easiest to work in three rows--inner circle first, then moved the next row about an inch back, and the final row about an inch beyond the middle one--there's no exact science and in the end the filters are fairly forgiving.  The floral pins are like long staples, and I pinned two filters per one pin (one for each prong, if that makes sense).  You could probably just pin one filter per pin, but then you would need another bag of floral pins.  It probably took around an hour to complete the whole thing.  I love it's ruffly plushness! I was thinking how fun it would to do that coffee filter tie-dye craft, let them dry, and then do a colorful wreath for a girls room or something.  That however, would be a bit more involved. ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh, WOW, I'm crazy about this! So welcoming, and I love the textured look. (And that color is so perfect for your chic home decor!) You continue to inspire.
*LOVE* :)