Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Napkin" Pillows

Truly, I'm not the first to discover the joy of making a cheap pillow cover from a pair of napkins, but it is the first time I have tried it, and it is such a quick and easy sewing project I had to share.
A pair of napkins and a pillow form are all you really need (and a sewing machine of course!). ;o)
I found these napkins at Target, 2 for $3.99.
I picked up some pom-pom fringe at Hobby Lobby to edge them in--pom-pom fringe makes everything more fun, but of course that is your own preference. ;o)
Find an online tutorial on how to make an envelope pillow. Like this one.
If you use pom-pom fringe I pin it to the pillow front like shown in the  picture and then I sew it down.  That way when I sew the back flaps on there is no shifting of the fringe.  You could skip this step if you feel brave, but I don't recommend it . . .

And voila!!!
There were going to be two pillows but unfortunately for me I totally miscalculated how much fringe I would need (such a rookie mistake!).  That will have to wait for next week's trip to Kearney. Boo. 

3 comments:

Anna said...

*LOVE!!* Turned out so fun and festive...and I am a real expert at those sewing miscalculations. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Kathryn said...

SOoOoooooOOOOooooo cute!!! Total bummer on the miscalculation and having to wait until the next trip to Kearney! I feel your pain! :)

Brooke said...

So cute Janna! I agree that pom-pom fringe makes everything better. :) I'm currently on the hunt for a scarf to trim with it.:)