Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy 2nd to my Owen!!!

On the eve of your 2nd birthday I broke out some new footie pajamas--all green and full of festive little penguins--I was saving them for Christmas Eve but decided it fitting you wake up in them on your 2nd birthday.  And I remembered back two years ago to another pair of brand-new footie pajamas all decked in snowmen that enveloped your wee little self.
And so you sat next to Bella last night, in your new jammies and I asked you what you were thankful for, you told me "Preston, the monkey" (Isabella's new stuffed animal) and then pointed to your jammies "and penguins."  I smiled.  You bowed your little head of crazy blonde hair and scrunched your eyes all tight, folding your hands, all set to pray.  And my heart nearly set to bursting, and I paused to take a mental picture.
That hair that I should cut . . .
Those blue, blue, blue eyes . . .
You . . .
 . . . delightful and full of mirth, the biggest copy-cat I've ever known.

You remain the doted-on member of our family, a mommy, a daddy, sisters, and brothers all loving you to pieces.  You make us laugh, you amaze us, and you love us in your very snuggly way.
Your birthday is so special to me because it falls so close to Christmas.  I remember the waiting, the longing for your arrival. I remember the blizzard that encouraged us to leave the hospital a bit earlier than we had originally intended.  I remember sitting in the Christmas Eve service at church with your 2 day old self cradled in my arms. Christmas can never quite be the same again because of that year when God gifted us with you just in time to celebrate. 
For these two years you have been a blessing--I am so thankful for you!
Happiest second birthday to you, my most favorite Owen ever! ;o)


4 comments:

Judi said...

Love you, Owen! Happy 2 years, big boy!

Kathryn said...

Your birthday tributes make me cry.....every time!! I remember ooohing over Owen wearing those little baby footie jammies and I bet he was just darling in his 2 year old penguin jammies, too!! Happiest of happies, Owen....Bring on the TERRIFIC TWOS!!!!

Anna said...

Oh I'm SWOONING over these pics--*LOVE!* Happy happy birthday to that sweet little guy~ and blessings on your special day! :)

brookereinhard@gmail.com said...

What wonderful blessings baby boys are! Happy Birthday Owen! Those curls....no need to cut them yet.