Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Celebrating our Terrific Two Year Old

Daddy arrived at Grandpa and Grandma's house around supper time on Owen's birthday.
He brought the mail with him, including a birthday card for Owen from Great-Granny (in Massachusetts).  He was delighted with his own mail and accompanying dollar bill . . .
Not only did the dollar morph into a handy telephone, he also liked it for its eye patch capabilities. ;o)
~
A picture of Mommy and her "baby"--love his little smirk. ;o)
He unwrapped his gifts from us and Grandpa and Grandma . . . lots of choo-choos!
~
The day after we headed down to my parents to do our family Christmas, but we also celebrated Owen there, more presents, and a very yummy chocolate cake--

Originally, I was going to make a cake that looked like a penguin.
Yeah.
In the end I found a recipe for a delicious chocolate cake and plopped a whole bunch of penguin figurines on top.  A party planner I am not . . . ;o)
Sadly, I have no pictures of him with either sets of grandparents . . . in fact as I went through all my pictures from our extended Lincoln stay I can see that my brain must have been elsewhere.  The family picture in our Christmas Eve best?  Pictures of cousins together?  A number of other shots I had planned to get?  I had *intentions* of getting them all, alas, they did not happen. I'm hoping that means I was too busy living in the moment to hide behind my camera . . . right??
That's what I'm telling myself anyway. ;o)
Whatever the case, hopefully Owen knows he was loved and celebrated and cake was had, in spite of the fact we weren't able to do a full-out party!  Oh, and if you'd like to keep track, he's also on his 2nd round of antibiotics this month . . . can you guess what for?? 

3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh no, not more antibiotics! Poor buddy, hope he gets better soon. Adorable pics, and love the penguin cake! :)

Kathryn said...

Your cake is super cute.....proving that sometimes the easier route can be *just* as fun!! :) More antibiotics for his ears??? :(

Brooke said...

Love the sweet pic of you and your baby! Happy Birthday Owen!