Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Some Links

This posting on birth control pills was very interesting--truly something every woman should read.  I am thankful I had a mom savvy enough to know the hidden info and keep me informed.  I've never been on "the pill" (at which you might roll your eyes and think, well obviously you have five kids--but only one of those was technically "unplanned").  There ARE other ways, perhaps more inconvenient, but to me, worth it.  Obviously, this is a very personal decision, but I worry about how many women go into it truly uninformed.  I wonder how many suffer infertility because of using them too, be it long-term or temporary.


I thought this post on raising older girls good--not that it couldn't apply to boys too!  It's a good reminder that an attitude that seems "not that big a deal" could grow into something really yucky if left untended. 

These buttermilk biscuits were gobbled up by my gang--they're great (and quick!) for "soup-er Saturday." ;o)

On my list to try Coconut Cream Bread Pudding --that just sounds heavenly. ;o)

Have a happy Saturday! ;o)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Totally *DROOLING* over those recipes! And enjoyed the other links too. Hope you guys are having a great weekend!!

Brooke said...

Love the link for The Pill, I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler early on in our marriage and we've been NFP-ing ever since. It is really sad how much Doctor's don't know/tell you about these things.

Kathryn said...

Great info on The Pill and info that definitely needs to be shared!!
Same book I read, Brooke. Anyone is welcome to borrow.