Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Latest News--

What's been happening around these parts--

~I noticed the North Platte Walmart was carrying these reusable diapers "Mabu Baby" and since I'm only diapering at night now, we decided to give it a try.  They work pretty good!  I might get some of the smaller sized inserts to add a bit of extra absorbency but otherwise I can get rid of my diaper expense!  It's hard to believe that I've been buying diapers for ten years and that a new diaper-less era is ahead.

~I've begun to transition in my winter decorations.  I used to be a "day after Thanksgiving" kind of Christmas decorator,  but now I have five kids and I homeschool.  I've got to get a head start or it'll never happen! ;o)  Plus, I'm a "tweaker."  I set something up, walk by it for a few hours, and then think "Nah," and change it up.  It's quite a process and I'll be doing it for the rest of November.

~I was reading a story Marissa was working on and when I came to the main character's name I absolutely lost it.  Are you ready?  Introducing . . .  "Hiro Shittfill." Every time I think about it I burst out laughing all over again.  I told her she might want to think of a different last name.

~I'm working on a little blog give-away again, so stay tuned (maybe I'll have it ready come Monday?).

~We'll be heading back to Lincoln come next Wednesday afternoon and are looking forward to seeing all "our people" again.  And eating. ;o)

~Two awesome recipes that use all those bags of cranberries that are now in the grocery stores:
#1--Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins (I usually leave out the pecans because my kids don't enjoy nuts and sometimes I throw in some white chocolate chips which is really tasty) and #2--Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip (I just tried it this weekend and it was incredibly yummy, you could just make the salsa part and leave out the cream cheese, but when have you not known cream cheese to make something better?) ;o)

~We've been delighted with more bird variety at the feeder.  We've determined our first visitors were House Finches.  The biggest excitement has been a visit (and return visit!) from a Northern Flicker--the biggest woodpecker!  He was big and colorful.  We think we also had a Black-Capped Chickadee.  We are truly loving the interruptions these birds bring to our day.

And I think that catches me up for the moment! ;o)

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh my stars! Marissa's character named literally made me laugh out loud! *Love* the innocence that she still has and glad you are steering her in a different direction! ;) Fun to read your happenings!

p.s. my word verification is "profan" which is eerily similar to "profane." Just seems fitting somehow! haha!

Anna said...

LOVE the bird website--and those cranberry recipes looks AMAZING! Love to hear all these bits...enjoy your family time this weekend--hooray for holiday blessings! :)

Mom said...

Ok...Dad and I sure enjoyed this posting!!! 'Nuff said!! :-)

Tiff said...

I have been thinking about you lots, Janna...praying that your transition is becoming easier (the first year is by far, the hardest). I love hearing from you via the bloggy world! AND..Marissa's character reminded me of something...Bill's very first year teaching in Lincoln, he had a student from Iraq named Shitthead (Shi th eed) Abdula...now try doing roll call with that one! HA!