Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Intentional Autumn . . . Watch a Sunset

Yesterday (and the night before) we had a big storm roll through.
Thunder, lightning, and lots of rain--lots of puddles too!
It was the first rain we experienced in our new surroundings.
Large clouds still remained into the evening, and as the sun went down the sky was glorious.
The kids and I ran out into the backyard, me snapping pictures, amazed at how the glow of the sun was reflecting off the clouds.
And then we returned into the house.  In a few minutes we noticed how much it had changed--
And yet again--
It was really quite shocking what a difference we saw in 20 minutes time!

I'm amazed at the gifts God gives us when we just take the time to notice.
And I'm thankful for the people I get to notice things with, they're a special bunch.


2 comments:

Mom said...

I just love pictures of sunrises, sunsets....the sky in general. What a sweet reminder of our God who holds this world.

Anna said...

Oh, this is a GREAT posting--*WOW* on the photos. I love gawking at storm clouds..and the glow of the sunset with it--perfection. Thanks for the great reminder to ENJOY what the Lord has given us! :)