Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Intentional Autumn . . . Hand Sewing

I spent some time these last few days working on these:
A pair of "harvest booties" for a certain niece who should be making her appearance any day now.
Seeing as she'll be sharing a birthday month with her fabulous aunt and oldest girl cousin I thought it fitting we get her started on the right path, dressing her little tootsies in pumpkins. ;o)
I used this pattern, and then perused Etsy for some ideas to adorn them, doing my best to mimic these (sans bow). 
It was definitely a fun project, although attaching the upper to the sole was a teeny bit tricky . . . if you can imagine trying to sew a decorative stitch around a porcupine (think lots of pins!!). ;o)
I'm happy I got them done.  Hand sewing/embroidering is always so relaxing--every time I do it I wonder why I don't do it more.  
Hopefully they'll arrive in my sister's mailbox today!
And hopefully not too much longer until they are on some brand-new feet!! ;o)

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

SO. Stinkin. CUTE!!!!! I'm dying! I'm sure Lynsi will love them and her little punkin will be SO adorable in them!!! I've seen your hand stitching before so I know that they are done well. In fact, I put out my picture that you made for me a couple years ago and again marveled at your *perfect* stitches!!!

Anna said...

Oh my goodness, these are so adorable! Love, love! So sweet, Can't wait to see that little doll.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Little J-Lo will love them. (Note to Janna's friends....J-Lo is not the name of this baby...just my suggestion to honor the 2 grandmas.)