Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Intentional Autumn . . . Connections

I was thinking today, I really don't have much to say, we're back in Lincoln for the weekend, and as always, the days are packed with things to do.
A birthday dinner, birthday party, and a huge family gathering will be squeezed into these three days.
I realize that's what I love most about this time of year particularly as we head toward Thanksgiving and Christmas . . . gathering, and the people to gather with.  There is a joy in visiting and eating and hanging out together--and I appreciate it even more now that we have moved.  We have to work harder at those connections--plan ahead--but it is always worth it.  If there is anything we find ourselves being more intentional about it is keeping our special relationships alive and thriving.  The drive is always worth it.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Yes....a busy and fun weekend. So thankful you all are back!

Anna said...

So true, so true...we are all glad too that you guys are making the effort to come back (and I know that must take a LOT of effort at this point!)

Kathryn said...

And one of these weekends that you are back I hope to see you!!