Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Intentional Autumn . . . An Autumn Book Basket

With every season change comes a new batch of books, some pulled from library shelves and others thoughtfully purchased to add to a growing seasonal collection.  Confession . . . the fall ones?? They're my favorite. ;o)
If you consider yourself a book hoarder collector you most likely have shelves that hold all those wonderful books.  Those shelves of books are overwhelming to a kid and will either:

1. Be dumped in their entirety
2. Be completely ignored
(at least that has been the case at our home) ;o)

I've found the books we want to focus on for the time-being need a stage.  We're going on three years of using the shelf Josh built me for a library book display.  These books are easy to access and they get looked at!

And then there is the actual "book basket" housing the fall books we actually own.

If you're looking to expand your own personal library here are a few that we have enjoyed:

A sweet story about a fox who is concerned about his tree losing all of its leaves--a lovely sparkly surprise at the end.
~
Fun rhyming book carrying you from the beginning of fall to the end.  I had to buy mine used from Better World Books (hardcover, free shipping, $4 . . . a really good deal!).
~
A simple counting book, but really I love it just for the pictures.
~
A favorite of a few tractor-loving boys of mine.  And they actually call the tractor parts by their proper names! (important when you've been farm-raised) ;o)
~
It's more of a later fall book, but I love the descriptions of the earth quieting down.
~
Love the vivid (real) pictures that fill the book.
~
That's really just the beginning. ;o)  I have a lot of fall favorite!  If you know of a special one, feel free to leave the name in the comments--I'm always looking for more! ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ooh I always love your reading fav's...I'll have to check some of these out, how fun.