Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Oh YEAH!!!

After a sermon this morning--where I was reminded that the things of this world are only temporary--
I blush to share with you the surprise that is bringing me immense joy . . .
But it's true. ;o)
Meet Josh's surprise, a Canon T2i!
I've wanted one of these for at least two years!
And I'm so excited.
And intimidated.
I love taking pictures, I always have.  As I've gotten into blogging, become a tiny bit more tech savvy, and admired the photos of others, I've realized the limitations of a press and shoot. 
I have officially embarked on a new learning journey.  I really want to learn how to use this thing!!
I'd love to take a class, but I'm not sure if that will be possible in a town of 1000.  So, if you have a DSLR and you have favorite websites, books, online videos, etc. please send me your resources!!!
And in case you're wondering, no, he did not use my swagbucks.  Those will now be used for Christmas shopping. ;o) He got it at Best Buy, where we had gone to purchase a stove and stopped to admire some cameras. We discovered his brother had a nearly brand-new stove that was sitting in their basement (which just happened to be the exact stove we had purchased, now returned), and well, the rest is history. ;o)
YIPPEE!!!!



4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow! I bet you're so excited!!! You will *love* it!!

Mike and Kirsten said...

Fantastic! Have so much fun with it. Glad you didn't leave us guessing too long! :)

The Wackel Family said...

We got one of those for Christmas and LOVE it!! Such a great camera, and very easy to use! A couple of sites I use to perfect my pics are Picasa (my fav) and Picknik.

Tiff said...

Lucky! Oh, and...adorable top too!