Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mr. Jackson!!!

Six.
You have learned so much in this last year!
I'm finding you are an "all or nothing" kind of guy.
You either love it and devour it.
Or hate it and must be forced to do it.
You've grown collections . . .
And developed obsessions . . .
Like carrot growing (and eating).
 Like 100 charts, numbers,  and calendars.
Like tornadoes and weather watching.
You are still my artist boy, turning out pictures in astonishing numbers.
Worm pictures.
Bird pictures.
Knight pictures.
Battle scenes.
Carrot Pictures.
Lots of tornado pictures . . .
And I love your imagination.  Every single picture delights me.
~
You are strong-willed.
You always have been.
You are quite tricky to parent.
You make me pray more.
And I can't imagine you any other way.
In so many ways you are nothing like we expected.
And yet, you are absolutely everything we needed.
I can't wait to see all the things you will do!
I love you buddy.
I hope "SIX" is everything you hope it to be!
But most of all, I hope Jesus gets ahold of that heart, and does things with it only He can do.
Happy, happy birthday!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happiest of happies, Jackson!!!

Anna said...

WOW, SIX years old! What a blessing, I so loved everything that you said about your sweet kid...and I love it that you're treasuring all these memories.

Happy birthday, Jackson!