Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Reads

Currently in my pile . . .
I'm just a chapter into it, but I think it will be a good one
~

I actually began this a few years ago, but never got around to finishing it--hoping to amend that this time around.
~

I think this one will be similar to "Last Child . . ." --again stressing the importance of free play in a child's development.
~
I have this and a few other L.M. Montgomery books I'm hoping to make it through.  I've purchased some used copies super cheap through Better World Books (the library doesn't offer many other titles, mainly just "Anne" and "Emily").  Marissa and I have decided to have a L.M. Montgomery summer.  She is currently reading Emily of New Moon.  She recently finished Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and The Hobbit.  She's got me beat again . . . I'm also trying to make my way through Rebecca . . . It's been such a long time since I read it.  I've found it is so much fun to revisit books that were favorites when you were a child--you notice such different things as an adult!  Anyway, I'm certain my pile is a bit too ambitious.  It might be a miracle if I finish just one! ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yay! More book recommendations...off to check them out now. And as far as you being ambitious, YES I would agree! I'm amazed that you're having any in your pile. ;) Happy reading!