Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The *~*~HOUSE~*~*

The day I left for camp I saw this house had been posted on the realty website.
And I couldn't believe my eyes.  After several months of checking out houses, this one was by far my favorite of all that had come along.
And get this . . . it was the cheapest. ;o)
I've always had a "thing" for old houses, I think it dates back to when I was was the ripe old age of six and my dad had purchased a farm with an old farmhouse on it.  It had six rooms and I was fascinated by it.  I still love it and would move there if I could (in spite of the fact my dad thinks it could use a match . . .). ;o) But I digress.
As I clicked through pictures on the website, I think my heart picked up a beat.  Each picture had something I loved . . .
French Doors!
Beamed Ceilings!
Thick Woodwork!
Open Stairway!
Remodeled Kitchen!
Remodeled Bathrooms!
First Floor Laundry!
Beadboard!
And Porches!!
An enclosed front porch, a screened in back porch, my own personal sun room off of the master bedroom!!!
A Clothesline!
Not to mention spacious bedrooms, a room perfect for a guest room, another small room just off the dining room perfect for a school room.
It was *my* house.
And so I waited out June to see what we could work out.
Thursday our offer was accepted.
I keep pinching myself.
I can envision a whole lot of living going on there and it makes me crazy excited.
But now for the imperfect part . . . we can't close until September 23rd.  Already we are working out a plan for that involving me and the kids living here until that time and Josh living out in Arapahoe during the weekdays and coming home on weekends.  It's not a great scenario, but it is doable.  In the end it will probably be good that Josh has no other distractions and can focus totally on his new job and the planning involved. In a way it won't be all that different to when he was in school and leaving early in the morning and returning late at night . . . we didn't see a whole lot of him then either.  The kids and I will start back to school the first of August getting a good six or seven weeks under our belts before moving and taking off a few weeks to set up house.  It'll all work out one way or another.  And gives me more practice on my word of the year . . . patience.
Was that a good word or what?? ;o)

5 comments:

Mom said...

So thankful for this house for you all! But it does make me sadder that your moving day is drawing closer.

Anna said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so excited for you guys, and I'm so happy to see the Lord blessing with *the* perfect house for your sweet bunch. It is REALLY adorable, and makes me want to move out to the country somewhere to enjoy the quietness of porch clothesline living. Praising the Lord with you all! His will is being done.

Kathryn said...

What a praise worthy post!!! So wonderful to see the Lord making your path smooth and blessing you with some heart desire's along the way! It will be so fun to see how you put your own little touches on that house to make it your *home*.

Kris said...

Praise the Lord! It's beautiful, Janna- so happy for you- Our God is truly awesome. :)

Tiff said...

Absolutely "perfect". Love it and it looks very Jannaish. I hope all is well...I pray for you frequently, friend!