Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy Trails for the Weekend

1. Mint Ice Cream Torte--a tasty and *cool* dessert so you won't heat up the kitchen with baking
2.  Loved this article a few friends shared on face.book . . . I'm one of those people who hears--
"You've got your hands full!"
"You're a busy Mom!"
"Hi Kate!" (okay, just once, but it really rubbed me the wrong way . . .)
--on a regular basis.  I've never come up with a satisfactory answer, because well yes, my hands ARE usually full and life IS busy.  But truth is, I'd have five more in a heartbeat because I love them and the job of  caring for them to pieces.  Go and be encouraged.
3. I saw this skirt and thought, "How lovely!" and then I discovered there is a free tutorial for it!
So, I made one yesterday--and I LOVE it!  It is an easy pattern, but took a bit of time because you have to sew four separate channels for elastic and then thread four strands of elastic through.  That was tedious.  My hand looked rather claw-like when I was through.  It was worth it though--love the shirred look of the waistband.
It is super comfy for summertime.  PERFECT for walking along a sandy beach at sunset, wind ruffling through my hair . . . (were such a time ever to present itself). ;o)
4. My cousin opened up an etsy shop--she has some great bags available, so check it out!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ooh I'm excited for all this link-looking today...and your skirt turned out GORGEOUS. And what a great line in the motherhood article--our hands ARE full of good things. :)