Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Daybook for July11

For Today, July 11, 2011

Outside my window... the sun is shining and the sky already looks "hot"--if yesterday was any indication, I'm thinking we will have a very miserable warm day today.

I am thinking... about list-making and having a very productive day

I am thankful for... a God who makes "straight paths"

From the learning room... kind of quiet, but books have been arriving and I'm finalizing plans for our school year--tentative start day, August 1st---eeeeek!

From the kitchen... fresh fruit, sandwiches (thanks to a quick jaunt to the grocery store before 7:00 a.m.) I am going to admit being off my menu planning routine.  In some ways it's been a good break, and I've tried some new recipes, but I need to get back in a rhythm . . . I've wasted far too much time making quick trips to grocery stores for little items I'm needing.

I am creating... a hutch!! Well, I'm painting one, soon my "cast-off" dining room set will be complete. 

I am going... to catch up on laundry . . . that sounds like a stellar plan

I am reading... Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Give them Grace, and Exodus

I am hoping... and praying about "house stuff" that needs to be finalized

I am hearing... children's voices

Around the house... ummmm, no comment ;o)

One of my favorite things... my littlest guy's "Hi Mama!" and his "Den-tle." (gentle) said while taking his little fist and digging into my cheek not-so-gently.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Marissa gets to spend the week at the library doing a "writing workshop" and Josh has a week-long class (last one this summer, hooray!) other than that I think we will be doing a lot of swimming or hiding out in air conditioning.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
 this one might be one of my favorites that I took this weekend--if you look closely you can see my girls' heads way off in the distance ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love your list...it's always inspiring knowing what's going on in that mother-of-5 head of yours. :) And that photo! *sigh* I'll pray for your EARLY school start and details with the house/move/managing a household of 7 while in limbo. Hugs to you, Deary! Let me know if you need some help--babysitting, meals, any random thing you can think of (really!)