Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Recap

So, the Mother's Day Pictures went down kind of like the Easter pictures . . .
This one isn't too bad, aside from the fact Isabella is partially sticking out her tongue, Jackson is giving his best evil eye and Owen eating his hand.
Next we have Emmett's tongue, Jackson just plain wacky, Owen red from all the screaming and wrestling to keep him in the picture, and Marissa's eyes closed.
Those are my best options.  After that it goes downhill fast. ;o)  Oh well. 

We didn't have any big festivities.  I planned myself a tasty lunch and enjoyed it immensely--Josh grilled some chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce and we had them on a bun with Swiss cheese, pineapple, tomato, lettuce, and some caramelized Vidalia onions for me.  Very tasty and highly recommended.  I also tried a few new recipes I had found in magazines, the first Governor's Mansion Summer Peach Tea Punch came from Southern Living.  It was yummy.  I almost liked it better today with the fizz having gone out of it a bit and I wonder if instead of using club soda and ginger ale you could just keep it simple and use water.  I may experience with that at some point, but I'll definitely make it again.  And a new kind of potato salad, but also yummy (in a grown-up way--Marissa informed me she could eat it if she had to but she didn't want seconds) Fingerling Potato Salad with Honey-Thyme Vinaigrette.  The fingerling potatoes are cute but I think you could easily sub in quartered Yukon gold potatoes and it would have the same taste.  Anyway, I think both recipes are keepers for summertime entertaining. 

Mother's Day always ends up much more hectic than I would wish it--a quiet afternoon bookended by a busy church morning and a busy church evening--but the hugs and handmade cards (Isabella's proclaiming "your buetiful!") do wonders for a mama's heart.  I have a dream job . . . and really you couldn't PAY me to do anything else. ;o) 


3 comments:

Mom said...

Amen!

Kathryn said...

In both pictures *you* look great.....and isn't that what a group shot is always about??!! haha!

You have ministered to me by sharing about the preparing of your own Mother's Day meal with such a cheerful heart!

Anna said...

Aw, these are cute pics! Sounds like a nice day & yummy lunch. :)