Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

What's New?

Friday and Saturday I spent at the annual homeschool convention.  It was a great two days of book browsing, motivating speakers, and conversations with friends.  I've decided (with a bit of trepidation) to venture from a pre-determined curriculum and "wing it."  So, we'll see how next year goes . . . I've got a pile of new books . . . but I'll also *gulp* have three official students and have life-as-I-know-it totally turned upside-down.  There is a slight possibility I have bitten off more than I can chew.  But you know, when you are staring at shelves and shelves of shiny-brand-new books, euphoria descends, and you feel capable of taking on the world!  I may have made some decisions "under-the-influence." ;o)

Saturday evening some chest congestion totally took me by surprise.  I had (thankfully) felt fine during the conference--but maybe it was the "euphoria" getting me by. ;o)

Sunday I took advantage of Owen's running nose and stayed home from church.  At times I felt "okay" and other times "awful." 

This morning Owen successfully had his ears "tubed."  We were at the surgery center at 6:30 am, procedure scheduled for 7:30 am.  During the night I dreamed I showed up an hour late after lingering for too long at Target.  I woke up relieved to know I had a 2nd chance to get him there on time. ;o)  My mom left the comforts of her home bright and early too, so she could get here in time for Josh to head to school.  After keeping the kids all day Friday and then doing early morning duty this morning she is definitely deserving an extended nap. Thanks Mom! ;o)  I continue to feel pretty awful . . . I'm getting through today drinking copious amounts of hot tea and swallowing large spoonfuls of honey.  This cough kind of feels like razor blades in my chest. :oP  And I'm also feeling a bit grumbly with the thought "I don't have time to feel this way!"  Which of course, is not really helping my overall disposition.

Josh is on his final week of student teaching and his last Saturday class. Yippee!! However, he just started an online anatomy class and has a decent amount of subbing jobs lined up.  Plus we need to get started on this "find a place to live" gig.  I have a feeling life will remain busy.  Actually, I've come to the conclusion life just might ALWAYS be busy. ;o)

THREE weeks left of school.  Another "Yippee!!" ;o)

And the pretty much sums up life around these parts.  Now, to convince everyone to get along for an hour or five so I can get in a nap . . .  Totally doable, right?

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

SO sorry to hear you're not feeling well! I noticed you weren't in "your spot" in orchestra and wondered where you were. I'll be anxious to hear the wonderful things you discover next year in school as you branch out "on your own." I *know* you'll do great! :) YAY for Josh being almost done (is that sooner than most?) and DOUBLE YAY for you only having 3 weeks left!! SO LONG Creation to Greeks....to which I give a hearty QUADRUPLE YAY! ;)

Kris said...

Those conventions are sneaky, I'm realizing! So glad for you all that school is winding down and looking forward to seeing how God unfolds His plan for you all very soon!

Keeslermom said...

I love off road schooling! I hope it works out for you guys.

Anna said...

Oh, nuts--that cough sounds SO bad. I hope you got that nap! ..yes we did miss you in orchestra, I hope you're on the mend and feeling good soon, I'll pray for that. Hooray for another school year completed (congrats), and hooray for new school books! Hugs to you all, and hope you can get some rest.