Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Makes me laugh . . .

Marissa's lesson in grammar the other day was to write a letter (in proper form).  She chose to correspond with her great-granny, and here is what she had to say:

Dear Great Granny,
    I hope everything is sunny in Massachusetts, because we have had three days of cloudy weather.  Lately me and Bella have been playing with our neighbor Faith.  We played Doctor.  I was getting kind of bored of Doctor so I looked around for something to climb.  Trees? Nope, trees are too small.  Then I spotted a light pole.  Well, well I can climb a light pole.  Hands wrapped around the light pole, feet firmly in position I climb the light pole but not too high, the light pole gets thinner.  Of course it would fall.  Just think, I'm at the top of the light pole it wobbles and teeters, bends and creaks, I understand it's going to fall but I am too late cccrrraaacckkk, the light pole breaks and with a shrill shriek I plunge back to earth.  If you are confused this is not real, I'm just imagining.  Well, I shouldn't have climbed the light pole because other kids were trying to climb the light pole too.  Oh well.
                                                                                                                       Yours truly,
                                                                                                                          Marissa


I'm thinking that should put some spunk in an old lady's day! ;o)  Crazy girl.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Well, Marissa had me going!!! I just hope my Mom lives through reading this as I'd like to see her when I fly home in May!

Anna said...

Oh this is CUTE and I adore her creative style of writing...and all the more fun that she is telling Great Granny an imaginary story rather than news. ..that girl has a real gift, LOVE this. ;)

Kathryn said...

I bet your Granny *loved* it! :)